The Benefits of Regular Exercise
Regular exercise is one of the most important things we can do for our physical health. Many of us exercise for different reasons but for the same purpose of conditioning our bodies. Here are some physical benefits of exercise...
- Weight management
- Boost endurance and energy levels
- Build muscle strength
- Maintain healthy bones and joints
- Keeping a healthy heart
But what are some of the other benefits of exercise?
- Exercise can make you feel happier - When we exercise, our bodies release chemicals known as endorphins which boosts our sense of emotional wellbeing and helps to reduce levels of stress and anxiety.
- Brain function and thinking skills - Regular exercise can help improve our memory and keep us thinking sharp! The same endorphins our bodies release to help improve our moods also help to improve our concentration.
- Improved sleeping patterns - For many people, exercise helps to improve the quality of their sleep. Once we have exercised, our bodies want to recover; sleep is an excellent way of doing that.
- Boost’s self-esteem and confidence - Setting a goal and completing it, is incredibly motivating, and knowing you have accomplished your goal and being able to see your progress is a huge confidence booster.
So, exercise has many positive impacts on our bodies and physical health and can enhance our overall wellbeing!
Everyone has different reasons for wanting to exercise; what does fitness mean to you?