This policy should be read in conjunction with the LTA England guidelines.
Avenue Tennis will comply with LTA guidelines and will always consider safety first. We will also ensure that sufficient Covid-19 information is provided to members, and that appropriate posters and signage are in place.
We will maintain strong communication links with all members ensuring they are kept up to date and achieve their full cooperation. A thorough risk assessment has been and will continue to be undertaken for the club and appropriate measures put in place to ensure members and staff are protected.
- All courts are now open.
- Indoor Tennis and Badminton/Short Tennis will be permitted for household bubbles only as defined by the UK government.
- Nets will be maintained at the correct height to avoid players having to adjust them as net winders will be removed.
- The clay courts will still require dragging; please bring your own disposable gloves to carry this out.
Health & Safety
- Please do not come to Avenue Tennis if you are showing signs of Covid-19.
- Players are advised to bring their own sanitisers. Avenue Tennis will have hand sanitiser stations for use before entry to the courts.
- All common touchpoints will be cleaned regularly.
- Social distancing to be maintained at all times
Court Access & Playing Conditions
- Measures are in place to minimise contact between people around site and at entrances to court.
- Members will need to check-in via reception, please bring your membership fob, or you will be asked your name so we can check you in at the desk.
- Arrive changed and ready to get on court.
- Please use the provided hand sanitising units as you arrive and depart the facility.
- Sessions will last 2 hours or 1 hour, with 1hr 50 mins or 50 minutes on court and 10 minutes of turnaround time to ensure the safety of those entering and exiting the court.
- Doubles play is permitted as normal outdoors.
- Indoors double play with one household bubble only.
- Avoid changing ends or change at opposite sides of the net.
- Children under 13 must have an adult playing member present on court, if attendance of a parent/guardian is required (coaching session) this is limited to 1 per player.
- Please maintain social distancing, 2 meters at all times.
- Ideally bring your own equipment: racquets, marked balls, etc.; however, demo racquets are available subject to thorough cleaning measures between use.
Bookings & Payments
- All court bookings must be made via the mobile app or browser login
- Use the mobile app to check which courts are available. Please note, courts will only be bookable at certain times, and availability corresponds with that shown on the mobile app.
- Please book your court before turning up. You will not be able to turn up and play.
- You have 2 weeks in advance to book courts.
- Courts are available for members on platinum or racquet memberships over the age of 13.
- Members under 13 can play with a parent or guardian who is also a member.
- Please ensure if you cannot make your court booking you cancel in advance on the app/browser
- Guests will be permitted entry to play with a member; please advise the club in advance either by using the notes section or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A valid guest pass can be used, or a £10 fee will be charged.
- Contactless payments are desirable for all purchases.
- Please, when making your booking can you add the names of the players you are playing with into the notes section of the booking. This helps the club manage the returning members.
- Social distancing between players, and between the coach and players will be maintained at all times.
- Coaches will emphasise this to all participants at the start of each session.
- Where new or fresh balls aren’t used or where players handle tennis balls as well as the coach, then extra care must be taken to ensure the coach and players do not touch your faces during play, and you should all clean your hands before the session and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required)
- Players should bring their own equipment where possible.
- Coaching equipment such as cones will be cleaned and wiped down afterwards
- Coaches will remove all equipment from the court at the end of the session
- Booking and payment for lessons should be done in advance, where possible by card to avoid handling of cash at reception
- A parent or guardian is allowed to attend but they should be off court and limited to one per child where possible, with social distancing strictly observed while watching the session