Vacancy : Maintenance Operative / Groundsman
Title: Maintenance Operative / Groundsman
Salary: £20,000 per annum + benefits
Benefits: Full club membership
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 4days on & 4days off
6.30am to 6.30pm (11 hours per day with one hour for lunch)
44 hours per 8day rota
Holiday: Equivalent to 28 days’ annual leave
Avenue Tennis offer the only indoor and outdoor tennis facility of its kind in the region which is constructed to full LTA competition standards, throughout providing both experienced and new players access to world class tennis facilities in Medway. Other services include badminton; a full Technogym Wellness Gym facility; Health Suite; Restaurant (open to the public) and Café/Bar.
About the role
You will provide a first-class year-round maintenance service including general support to the Grounds and buildings whilst ensuring all tasks are performed in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintaining the outdoor (grass, clay and AstroTurf) and indoor tennis courts ensuring they are ready for play
- Maintaining parking areas to ensure they are safe/fit for purpose
- Ensuring the facility is immaculate, safe and presentable;
- General maintenance and upkeep of all buildings (excluding electrical repairs), public areas (internal and external) and upkeep of all indoor and outdoor courts including marking; lining; mowing; cleaning and preventative maintenance;
- Report to management any building repairs that cannot be completed by yourself;
- Assist the smooth running of the club where practical;
- Provide general support for key events and initiatives;
- Carry out groundsman duties including grass maintenance, pruning shrubs and small trees, killing weeds, hedge trimming; clearing leaves and other debris and general gardening whilst maintaining a clean and tidy appearance;
- Operating and driving various machinery equipment such as hedge cutters, strimmer's and ride-on mowers, pesticide spraying equipment, tractors and hand tools etc;
- Undertaking internal and external site checks and litter picks on a daily basis;
- Running errands;
- Keeping any sheds or outbuildings and areas in which waste is stored in a clean and tidy condition.
You will have good knowledge and experience of all aspects of grounds maintenance, soft, hard and synthetic lawns as well as maintaining and developing gardens and grounds. You will have your driver licence as driving is part of the role.
You will have excellent organisational skills; a good work ethos; a “can do” attitude.
Flexibility is a requirement with regards to working on weekends and before and after core hours, as business needs necessitate
We aim to employ exciting and motivated individuals to represent Avenue Tennis as an employer of choice, whilst delivering an exceptional service to our customers. If you believe you have the attributes to join our team, please email us your CV…we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that all employees complete our screening process which includes a criminal records check.
Please read our Candidate Policy
NO AGENCIES PLEASE